Signal #1 for Visayas, Mindanao
Location of eye/center: At 10:00 AM today, the center of Tropical Depression “QUEENIE” was estimated based on available data at 210 km East of Hinatuan, Surigao del Sur(8.6°N, 128.2°E).
Strength: Maximum winds of 45 kph near the center.
Movement: Forecast to move West at 24 kph.
Tropical Depression “QUEENIE” is expected to make landfall over Surigao del Sur this afternoon and traverse the Northern Mindanao area tonight. By tomorrow morning, it is expected to be at 35 km North of Dipolog City, and at 105 km West of Puerto Princesa by Friday morning. It is expected to be outside the Philippine Area of Responsibility (PAR) by Friday evening and at 710 km West of Puerto Princesa or over the West Philippine Sea by Saturday morning.
• Estimated rainfall amount is from 7 – 15 mm per hour (moderate – heavy) within the 300 km diameter of the Tropical Depression.
• Residents in low lying and mountainous areas of the provinces with PSWS#1 as well as the rest of Mindanao are alerted against possible flashfloods and landslides.
• Fisherfolks and those with small seacrafts are advised not to venture out over the eastern seaboard of Visayas and Mindanao.
• The public and the disaster risk reduction and management council concerned are advised to take appropriate actions and watch for the next bulletin to be issued at 5 PM today.
What to do:
- Inspect your house to see if repairs are needed
- Clean up drainage systems
- Harvest crops that can be yielded
- Monitor the latest Severe Weather Bulletin issued by PAGASA every six hours and hourly updates
- In the meantime, business may be carried out as usual except when floods occur