SMAW NC II
Its been three (3) days already since they started the course. I am currently a student of Shielded Metal Arc Welding commonly known as SMAW. As a result, I already had a little knowledge about the course. So, let me share some of it for you guys.
SHIELDED METAL ARC WELDING (SMAW) NC II is a short TESDA Course here in the Philippines that will train you in welding carbon steel plates and pipe components as specified by layouts, diagrams, blueprints, welding procedure or oral instructions using shielded metal arc welding equipment.
- applying safety practices
- interpreting drawings and some sketches
- performing industry standard calculations
- using and knowing hand tools
- setting up welding equipment
- fitting up welding materials
- repairing welds
- welding carbon steel plates and pipes using shielded metal arc welding machine.
The Course Duration of this course takes a minimum of two hundred sixty-eight hours (268) to complete.
- photo copy of Birth Certificate authenticated by NSO
- photo copy of High School or College Diploma
- certified True Copy of Transcript of Records
- 1×1 ID picture
- Certificate of Good Moral Character
Competency Assessment and Certification
Students enrolled in this course is required to undergo Competency Assessment before graduation. A National Certificate (NCII) will be issued to those who are competent or passed this assessment. You can more information about the assessments and certifications on the official website of TESDA.